Focus Area Two - Essential 8.2 and 8.3
- A sufficient number of tutors must be available in the AVID Elective class(es) to facilitate student access to rigorous curriculum. Tutors should be students enrolled in colleges and universities, who can mentor students and facilitate tutorials, and they must be trained to implement the methodologies used in AVID.
Assign a Site Tutor Trainer Designee to collaborate with tutors and ensure that all tutors complete 16 hours of training using the Tutorial Support Curriculum Resource Guide and Video. Recruit, hire, and train enough tutors to meet the recommended 1:7 tutor to student ratio.
3) Recruit 12th grade AVID students to apply for positions after graduation
1) Continuously talk and hype up tutor position and pay. Teach students how to use edjoin.
4) Have all tutors meet all 16 hours of training.
1) Have site tutor trainer designee train tutors on a monthly basis to reach 16 hour goal.